Friday, March 28, 2008

there's got to be more to life...

There's gotta be more to life...
Than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me
Cause the more that I'm...
Trippin' out thinkin' there must be more to life
Well it's life, but I'm sure...
There's gotta be more

These are the lyrics to a song I heard on the radio today. I know I have gotten caught up in this mind set from time to time. You get so wrapped up in the day to day rat race that you forget that time is just slipping by you as you want for something more. We fill our week hoping for the weekend. Where is the living in that?
Temptation is everywhere and our ability to actually wait on anything becomes less and less. We miss out on all the lessons in life. Gone are the days of hearing "Patience is a virtue" and "Good things come to those who wait".
In fact, if you look up some synonyms to the word "patience" you will find its comrades; tolerance, persistence, and serenity. It scares me that I am raising my little boy in a time where immediate gratification is rewarded and patience is for the weak. Afterall, he gets to ride in a shopping cart that plays movies!! Yes MOVIES!!
Anyway, I won't go into a tyraid. I just wanted to write and remind myself to stop and smell the roses this weekend. There isn't anything more to life than this moment - so live it.

No comments: