I am here in my hotel room just outside of Detroit Michigan. This city has such a sad energy about it. The "Big 3" auto-makers rule this town, and with the troubled market the situation here is pretty bleak. My business here does not involve the auto industry but it is so ingrained in the culture here that you will be hard pressed to have a conversation with the locals without someone mentioning it.
I escape the drab environment by looking back on the enjoyable weekend I had with my son. We had a nice little snow storm in Kentucky. My son (and husband) got to make snow angels. My attempt at building a snowman with my son was foiled by his desire to make mountain that he could drive his cars on. I forfeited my snow pile for the greater good of 3 yr old satisfaction. Instead, I got a rubbermaid tote out of the shed and began to make big snow bricks to make a snow fort. Next thing I know, I turn around and everyone is inside. My snow fort was never finished but I had fun :)
Then, we discovered the most amazing thing in the entire universe (well, at least according to my son). Meijer's has shopping carts that have TV's in them! We don't shop at Meijers very often so I have no idea how long this has existed. But I will tell you we went TWICE this weekend. For those not in the know, these shopping carts look like little cars, the kids sit inside of them and can either drive with their pretend steering wheel or they can watch a show (or both)!!! Let me tell you, it was the first time that I have ever taken my son shopping and had the freedom to roam about the aisles without chaos. It was the best freaking dollar I ever spent. The first time we went he got a Backyardigans cart (Nick Jr). I actually went there to shop and he was fairly pissed when it was time to leave. He was even more pissed when he found out that they have Thomas the Tank Engine one and he didn't get to ride in it. So I told him we would come back another day and ride the Thomas one. Which we did the following day! I went to a different Meijers to search for a video camera. Meijer also has a mechanical horse that they can ride for....get this....a single penny. So, for 1.05 we both had a very enjoyable shopping experience (and i don't care for shopping too much). It's perfect for rainy day entertainment! I am a big fan of cool crap and this wins the Cool Crap award for March 08!!
No comments:
Post a Comment