Saturday, March 1, 2008

missed you

I have neglected my blog lately and I can surely feel it in my brain. I need a mental detox. Anyway, as March approaches I have to gear up to head out on a whirlwind travelpalooza for work. Which means I have to suck it up and go shopping. I hate shopping. I'd rather be stung by a bee - scratch that- SEVERAL bees. I tried to keep track of it this time, I went to the dressing room 4 times - most of the time I had more that 5 items. Three different sizes of every style of pants they had. I didn't find a damn thing. So I bought a shirt that was 60% off just so I didn't have to walk out of there empty handed. The kicker is, it's PINK! Y'all know how much I love pink . (eye roll)
I will be doing a lot of the trips by myself this year, which will be nice (no pointy haired boss). Although, now that I think about it I won't have any funny pointy haired boss stories to tell. On Monday, I will be heading down to Atlanta Georgia. I will probably be blogging quite a bit while I am going b/c I won't know what to do with myself. I'm not used to waking up in the morning and only having to dress myself. I am going to miss those crazy mornings and the off the wall car ride conversations my son and I have. I always think he is dependent on me until I leave on a trip and realize that I am pretty dependent on him as well. I don't always realize how much of my life revolves around his every waking moment (even his sleeping, restless, crying b/c he is sick moments).
I am sure he will enjoy his little break from me. He always enjoys those early morning trips to the doughnut shop with his Daddy. I will call at bedtime so we can all say prayers together. He won't even know that I am away and missing him every single second that I'm gone :)

No comments: