Wednesday, February 20, 2008

the moon, the lord of the rings and the heart of the lion

"the moon, the lord of the rings and the heart of the lion" the most romantical eclipse indeed
Saturn and Regulus (the brightest star in the Leo constellation - also known has his heart) on either side of the moon but i can't figure out which is which.
I feel so blessed to have witnessed this tonight. I don't think I've ever seen one so beautiful. It's amazing how Saturn and Regulus are like book ends to the moon. They remain bright while the moon is covered in shadows. Almost as if to give us a sense of security that all is not lost - it will return. The man in the moon will not be lonely with these two standing guard. Everyone else is in bed. I want to run in there and wake them up and tell them to look at the beautiful orange glow on the top of the moon as it peeks out from behind the eclipse but I don't really think they care. I want to wake up my son, who is a Leo, and point out to him that one of those bright stars next to the moon is considered the heart of Leo - but he is too young to care.
Now if this were a man made ball filled with lights being lowered in times square at the stroke of midnight - everyone would be up watching it. But this is real and awe inspiring rather than some hyped up commercial event. Anyway, I have a bazillion things running through my mind right now so I will stop and save it for the other blog. But I wanted to share that in this moment - I feel inspired :)

No comments: