i never realized curtains could ruin my day. They really have no power over my emotional well-being, or so I thought. I decided to wash my curtains today in the middle of trying to wrangle the roughneck. I took them down, all 6 of them, and threw them in the washer. All the while the roughneck is saying "Mommy you broke the curtains, Mommy you broke the curtains, Mommy you broke the window, Mommy look the window broke"... you get the point. You have to learn to change frequencies pretty quickly or it will rot your brain listening to that all day long. So I decided to change to my la-la land channel and spaced out on the fact that I should have washed the curtains on a kinder-gentler cycle. I pulled out a big ball of thread and shredded hems up one side and down the other. ARRRGH.
So now, the blow up pool that consumed most of my morning is laying flat in the back yard do to a hole that I cannot muster enough energy to even try to locate. My son is playing in the water that's left in the bottom like is a cute little puddle he found in the driveway. My shredded curtains are hanging on the fence to dry. I am sitting out back staring up at a patio table umbrella that needs an extreme makeover.
So we make figurative lemonade.
I give the hose to my son (who thinks he is a fire fighter) along with a wash cloth and he washes his toys. He also washed the table, chairs, my shoes n socks and the back door. He used the deflated pool as a slip n slide, which he discovered by accident while trying to run across it in bare feet. He is soaking wet and has grass stuck all over him and heads to the shredded curtains on the fence for shelter from a bee. NO!!
I have this great idea what we will eat lunch outside today. So I fix him something to eat. I sit him at the table and he so excited to eat outside. He is sitting a little lower from the table than he is used to. He reaches up to take his apple juice off the table and tips it towards his mouth and dumps it all over the front of himself. No biggie...I get the hose. Now he doesn't want to eat. Tantrum ensues. Roughneck goes to bed. Peace n quiet .
I am left with the thoughts of "What am I going to do about my curtains!?" I have a sewing machine. I could trying and fix the shredded hems. Is it worth it? I like to sew but my back doesn't like me to sew. Internal battle ensues. The battle of good vs evil was ended with the closing argument of "It's a straight line w/white thread! What's the big deal?" So they are fixed now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment