It's Friday and I have officially not done an ounce of work today. I will probably be spending the rest of my day printing maps for my upcoming trip to Memphis. I don't really need printed maps but I like to have them. I am a visual person. Anyway, I thought since I had a moment I would write for a bit.
I am going to attempt to make an audiobook for my son to listen to while I am gone so he doesn't miss our nightly rituals of reading stories. Yes, his Dad is quite capable of reading him stories but this will be a unique way for me be there with him without really being there. It will be fun. However, I haven't had enough quiet time to get it done yet. I have him hooked on the magic tree house series. They are pretty long books for someone his age. I like the fact that he can sit and listen to them without needing a book with lots of pictures. I think that is pretty good for a four year old :)
I know that people like to bore other people with tales of how cute their kids are. I am no different, so let me share a story. I have noticed lately that my son has been referring to things that have happened in the past as "yesterday, yesterday". He says it twice and sometimes three times. I thought it was a little strange. It was very deliberate and not something that he just said twice because he forgot he said it the first time. I soon realized that he was referring to things that happened two days ago or three. He would says "Yesterday, yesterday Parker and I played firemen on the playground" rather than say "Two days ago Parker and I played firemen on the playground". If it was something that happened three days ago he says "Didn't we go to the library yesterday, yesterday, yesterday?" Isn't that adorable? OK maybe I'm just a little bias.
He said it again this morning. I went to correct him but I think it's so cute that I may just let him go for a little while longer. I don't know where he picked that up but I think it's cute. It always makes me smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment