Tuesday, August 7, 2007

atl!

I have a cool rental and a pretty cool room. The car has push button start and the guy did a nice job of explaining it to me like I was a three year old. Actually, I'm loving it. It's great for us absent minded people. No keys just a fob. Genius!
I love coming to Georgia except I "dislike" the Atlanta airport. It stresses me out. Since I waited until the last minute to book the flight, the flights were outrageously expensive so I opted to drive down here. I must say it was extremely stress free! Pointy haired boss was not pleased about me driving but he'll get over it. It was a nice 6 hour trip. I knew I reached the Georgia state line when I saw orange roads. Georgia has awesome dirt. They have Georgia dirt stained tshirts at the airport but I haven't gotten one yet.
Anyway, I drove the whole way here without even listening to the radio. It was nice and quiet. It gave me lots of time to think about stuff. Most of which I will not post on here :)
My son gets a little freaked out when he sees me packing so I waited until the last minute and of course I forgot lots of stuff. So I had to go shopping when I got here, which I "dislike". But since I was without my mini-me I was able to get what I needed and get out of the store without much hassle.
Then I went to dinner by myself. I don't have a problem doing that. Actually people are a lot nicer to you when you dine by yourself. I'm sure it's because they feel sorry for you that you are sitting by yourself or maybe it's because you are just more approachable, like a captive audience. I dunno. This time I was one of three ladies sitting alone. Not one of them looked like they were bothered by it either. It was a Namaste moment. I like to just sit and listen to other peoples conversations while I pretend to read or something. I'll have you know that the lady behind me could not believe that her sister would stoop to the level of dating Greg!!! She is so much better than that. She got so mad telling her friend about it that she called her sister to tell her how disappointed she is. She called her white trash and ... I think the word she used was "skank" but I'm not sure. She was being so loud that the my waiter, Justin, came over and appologized to me. I said "It's not your fault her sister is white trash" and he laughed. She took her fake brown Coach purse and her phone outside to continue the conversation. That was pretty much the excitement of my evening.
I feel guilty about not being home with my family. I know that they are fine but it just doesn't feel right. Now I am here in my room getting ready to iron my clothes *ugh*. It should be an easy day tomorrow. I am actually looking forward to it. Maybe Ill get done early enough to drive back home. If not I'll have to wait until Thursday morning. I may stop by Rock City on my way home. It looks like a beautiful place

TTYL!

No comments: