I called the newspapers today to let them know that my husband fixed our push-mower. Not really, but I think he was expecting a parade and confetti. I'm not afraid to say it - my husband is not the most "handy" person I know. So when a project is completed successfully perhaps a little fanfare wouldn't hurt. Although, I had my doubts in the beginning, I was tempted to go out there after about 30 minutes and let him know that he actually had to touch it to get it fixed. Eventually, the fear subsided and he began to tinker. The first go-round he got it all back together and the cord wouldn't retract. On the second try he was so excited that it actually started (and the cord retracted) that he flipped his hat in the air like a rodeo cowboy then reenacted the Tom Hanks fire scene from the movie Cast Away. After I got done laughing at him all I could do was shake my head. He said "What?!? Just let me have my moment!" and he was right. I was proud of him for not giving up on it. He was successful.
::throwing confetti in the air::
No comments:
Post a Comment