I am taking my son down to Ft Myers Florida for a mini weekend getaway to visit my in-laws. They had some left over vouchers and I'm all about free trips! My husband is afraid to fly so he will be sitting this one out (that is an entirely different blog).Taking my son anywhere is always an interesting adventure. He has never flown on an airplane before so there is no telling what will transpire. He loves to watch airplanes but it's a completely different experience being inside of one to say the least. He is scared to even go into a car wash so I'm a little nervous about what his reaction will be during take-off for example. So last night I decided that we should practice.
I gave him a backpack, his new picture ID card and a left over concert ticket and I pretended to be a security guard "Tickets, please!" and he smiled and politely handed me his ticket and ID. I looked him up and down sternly then said "OK, you may pass" and he laughed and walked by. Then we took his backpack and shoes off and put them on the "belt" and I made him walk through the doorway very slowly then I pretended to wand him . Then I made him get all of his stuff and put it all back on very quickly (which is usually what happens lol). I explained that we were going to have to wait for a while but that we could play and read stories until it was time to get on the plane. Then we pretended to board the plane. We sat in two kitchen chairs side by side (I got to sit next to the window). I explained that it would be like sitting inside of a tunnel then we lowered our tray tables. "We can't leave them down though. We have to put them back up until we hear the 'DING'. Then we can put them down and watch movies or read stories but we have to be quiet because there will be a lot of people on the plane and we don't want to bother them. So we will have to get you a headset like we had when Mommy had that van for a while (yes, the one you got sick in)." I then explained that we would have to wait some more until everyone got on the plane pilot was going to drive the plane down the "road" until it was time to take off into the sky. "Then… we are going to go really really fast and it is going to get really really loud just like a race car!!" I was trying to get him excited but he didn't buy it. I figure if I practice that a couple more times with him before Saturday he should be OK.
On an unrelated topic, in an effort to get rid of my headaches I went and got my eyes checked and my vision is 20/20 but my eyes are straining to stay focused (kinda like my brain!) so they recommended that I get computer lenses to help minimize eye strain er whatever. I got UV, Anti reflective, transition something er other. I took a picture but I don't think Ill be posting it. It looks like one of those "before" photos without an "after". It reinforced the notion that I really need to start wearing make-up more regularly and I need to put on my big girl panties and get a haircut (I'm goin Thursday).
No comments:
Post a Comment