Thursday, July 26, 2007

enemies are so stimulating - katharine hepburn

Enemies are so Stimulating – Katharine HepburnThis quote really helped me out today so I thought I would share. Whether it be your pointy haired boss or your fellow drivers that won't let you merge this quote really puts things into perspective. Katharine Hepburn has a very "matter of fact" attitude that I wish I could adopt into my own life. For the most part I define difficult people as a challenge, but never thought of them as being stimulating. But after marinating on that quote for a few minutes it really brought my bad day into perspective. I thought about how each bad experience motivates me to be a better person, it strengthens my will. If I take the easy route and put up my walls and keep it at bay there is nothing to be learned and no growth can come from it. If I let it in it forces me to react. It tests me, bends me, and sometimes even shakes me until (hopefully) I come out of it a better person. It really does motivate me to be better. Just the sight of the word "challenge" puts me on the defensive. However, if I think of a situation as being stimulating, it commands openness and awareness. So for the rest of the day I am going to try to be more open to idiots. HA!
More Katharine Hepburn quotes to follow :)

No comments: